WHAT IS LIVE JUSTLY?
Live Justly is an in-depth scriptural and practical study to help people live justly in 6 key areas of life:
Advocacy, Prayer, Consumption, Generosity, Creation Care and Relationships.
LIVE JUSTLY WAS WRITTEN ON THESE CORE PRINCIPLES:
- Justice is part of the character and nature of God, and to live justly we must encounter God in a personal and powerful way.
- The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts.
- People change through relationships not statistics, so Live Justly is designed to create a culture and community among participants that enables honest, convicting discussion about justice.
- We will not reduce justice to an activity, it is a lifestyle.
- We will not sacrifice the dignity of people living in oppression for the sake of inspiring action.
- We particularly focus upon the role of advocacy, which some say is a lost art within the Church, but the ground is fertile for a revival of action that has the potential to be incredibly transformative. We define advocacy as: challenging ourselves and our leaders to change attitudes, behaviors, and policies that perpetuate injustice and deny God’s will for all creation to flourish.